Terms & Conditions:
1) The images displayed in the location library at www.shootfactory.co.uk and linked web sites may be downloaded and printed for reference use only. Unauthorised use, publication of any image, editing or cropping of downloaded images from www.SHOOTFACTORY.co.uk and linked web sites for financial or personal gain in any form is forbidden. All images contained within the location library at www.SHOOTFACTORY.co.uk and linked web sites are copyright of SHOOTFACTORY location agency.
2) All subsequent and future enquiries relating to hire of location houses whose details have been requested from and released by SHOOTFACTORY location agency will be handled exclusively through SHOOTFACTORY location agency as agent to the location owners. All location contact details and information released by SHOOTFACTORY location agency and all images / photographs subsequently taken of the location house prior to or during hire shall be used only for the purposes of the production requested and not passed to third parties under any circumstances unless necessary for the purposes of that specific production. SHOOTFACTORY location agency reserves the right to instigate legal proceedings to recover financial losses caused by breach of these terms.
3) Recces: Visits to location houses prior to contractual hire for filming / photography are at the request of the potential hirer. All persons and equipment introduced to the location prior to contractual hire shall be the legal responsibility of the potential hirer. Neither SHOOTFACTORY location agency nor the location owners shall be held liable in the event of any disputes or proceedings arising from requested access granted to the location prior to contractual hire.
4) Neither SHOOTFACTORY location agency nor individual location owners represented by this location library / agency are able to give any undertaking as to the suitability of a given location for hirers purposes. It is the responsibility of the potential hirer to ascertain suitability and current status of the location and to ensure that all permissions & arrangements necessary for the completion of the production at the location have been settled before the hire.
5) Location hire advertised by SHOOTFACTORY location agency via the location library at www.SHOOTFACTORY.co.uk and linked web sites are generally available for hire subject to prior bookings however location owners reserve the absolute right to decline hire without reason.
7) All location hire will be subject to contract provided by SHOOTFACTORY location agency and adequate public liability insurance, proof of which must be provided by the location hirer.
8) Where location details for a given location are requested and released but the location is not used for the intended project, subsequent use of that location within 24 months of the original request by the requesting company or its principals shall be charged at normal library rates.
9) In most circumstances a qualified location manager should be supplied by the location hirer to oversee access, parking, permissions and care of the location - failure to provide a competent location manager may, in some cases, result in a refusal to hire. In all cases where filming or unit parking will affect neighbouring residents or businesses, all possibly affected premises must be informed of the situation at least 48 hours before filming by word or leaflet or in accordance with the guidelines of the governing film office.
10) Location hire fees are calculated on either a nine, ten or twelve hour continuous working day unless otherwise previously agreed and are payable to the location owner prior to or at the commencement of the location hire for international clients; UK based clients are given credit terms.
11) Preparation days, strike days and damage reinstatement days required at the location will be charged at 50% of the original agreed filming / photography day hire rate. Overtime payments, where applicable, per hour or part hour will be invoiced separately at the end of hire. All location overtime invoices are subject to payment within 30 days from receipt of invoice.
SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY Ltd provides location agency services: these services are offered to you conditional upon your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions of Business. Your use of the web site at WWW.SHOOTFACTORY.CO.UK constitutes your acceptance of all these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be legally bound by these terms, please do not use our web site nor our services. Our Terms of Business may change at any time; you are advised to check each time you use our services, as you will be bound by the Terms and Charges applicable at the time.
• "Agent": SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY, i.e. the appointed agent of the Property owner, or any of its associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies or sublicencees;
• "Library": the LOCATION library and/or web library of the Agent, e.g. WWW.SHOOTFACTORY.CO.UK
• "Property": the premises or land which is made available for hire;
• "Hirer": any company, individual or third party utilising any of the services provided by the LOCATION Agency;
• "Owner": the individual, company or legal entity which owns, controls or represents the Property;
• "Charges": the LOCATION library fee and or any commission which may be chargeable by the Agent to the Hirer and/or Owner;
• "Recce": a "reconnaissance" visit to the Property by the Hirer or his/her representatives;
• "Shoot": the use of a Property by the Hirer, whether for the purposes of filming, photography, or any other kind of event.
The Agent maintains databases which are subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, licence no. Z2072934. The Agency will make every reasonable effort to ensure the security of the Owner's details.
Images downloaded from the SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY Library and/or any other material supplied to the Hirer by the Agent may be used for reference only, and may be printed for private, non-commercial use only. No user of the services may copy, reproduce, publish, or transmit any section of the location agency or location Library or any other supplied materials in any way, without the Agent's prior express permission. No user may edit or alter or crop any of the images supplied, or downloaded from the Library. All images and information supplied are copyright SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY, unless otherwise indicated. All users must agree to use any supplied material only for lawful purposes.
There is no charge for using the Agent's web site(s), nor for organising a Recce, however the confirmation of, and usage of any Property will be subject to a booking fee. The location hire fee is separate, and subject to negotiation. All charges must be paid in advance of the Shoot. Additional charges may include a damage deposit which will be held until after the Shoot. Preparation and restoration days are normally charged at 50% of the agreed Shoot fees. Overtime payments (if applicable) will be invoiced after the Shoot, must be paid within 7 days, and will be subject to an Agent's administration charge of £50. Outstanding sums due to the Agency and/or Owner will carry interest in accordance with UK Late Payment of Debts legislation.
After confirmation, SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY will have begun processing paperwork and invoicing: as such, the full library fee becomes due after confirmation and is not refundable. Cancellation to the location owner may be subject to different terms and conditions, imposed by the owner; by default it is SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY policy that the entire location fee will remain payable if less than five (5) days remain between cancellation and shoot commencement date. Verbal confirmation is deemed to be full confirmation.
No charge is made to our clients prior to confirmation of the job. After confirmation, our library fees become due and are non-refundable. Provided that a cancellation has been made more than five (5) days before the first shoot date, any location fees and/or deposits held by us will be refunded in full as soon as is practicable (and in any event within 14 days). After the cut-off point (5 days prior to commencement of shoot), the entire location fee will remain payable. Client satisfaction is paramount to us, and complaints will be assessed on an individual basis, and every effort made to find an amicable solution. Refund of the location fees after the cut-off point (and therefore after payment has been made to the location) will be subject to three-way negotiation and agreement between the Hirer, the Agent and the Owner.
Although every effort has been taken to ensure the images and particulars presented are up-to-date, no warranty is given or implied that any Property is available or suitable for the Hiring. The display or provision of images and/or particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract and are for guidance purposes only. None of the descriptions in the location Library nor those provided by any employee or representative of the location Agency may be relied upon as statements of fact.
The location Agent cannot insist, but highly recommends that a Recce take place so that the Hirer can establish for themselves the availability and/or suitability of the Property. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ascertain the status of the Property and its suitability, and to ensure that all necessary permissions are in place prior to the commencement of the Shoot. Neither the location Agent nor the location Owner can accept responsibility for loss, damage or inconvenience that may occur when a Recce did not take place. At the time of any such Recce, the Hirer assumes full legal responsibility for equipment and/or personnel that enter the Property.
All Location Hire is subject to contract, and the Owner reserves the absolute right to refuse the booking without giving a reason. The Hirer must exhibit on demand proof of Public Liability Insurance prior to entering the Premises for the purposes of the Shoot.
Where details are given for a particular location house, whether used or not, any subsequent use of that location by the Hirer, the location agency manager, production company or its principals will be charged at normal location library rates and will be subject to these same Terms and Conditions. The cancellation of the booking followed at any time by the subsequent use of the Property will be subject to the usual booking fees. The booking fees apply to one usage of the Property: subsequent usage will be subject to additional booking fees. All location contact details and information released by the Agent to the Hirer are confidential and shall be used for the purposes of the production only and may not be released to any third party under any circumstances unless necessary for the purposes of the production. "Recce photographs" taken by a Hirer, or their representative, who visits a supplied location are for reference use only, and for the sole use of the production for which they are taken. Such recce photographs and/or any other reference material, including contact details, must not subsequently be used for financial or personal gain.
The location Agency cannot insist, but highly recommends that a qualified Location Manager be employed by the Hirer to oversee the Shoot, to organise access, parking, permissions and responsible care of the Property. Responsibility for the notification of relevant authorities, and the notification of neighbours, entirely rests with the Hirer. The location Agent will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the Hire. The total extent of any liability shall in any event not exceed the total of the Charges and/or Commission if applicable.
SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY is committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to www.shootfactory.co.uk and our clients and location owners. By registering, requesting information or otherwise contacting us through this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information by us. We will only ever use such information lawfully. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, providing our services, and communicating with you. We will never impart your information to a third party, except with your express permission, and in the course of providing our service to you: i.e. when negotiating or drawing up a Location Agreement with a location owner. We engage other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as processing credit card payments: these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information that you provide to SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY for any secondary purposes. Information that we store in our databases is password-protected and only accessible by our own vetted staff. SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY is registered and licensed under the Data Protection Act in the United Kingdom. You may request to see any information we hold on record for you: under the terms of the Act, we may charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs.
See our Cookies Policy.
Links to third party web sites on our web site are provided solely for your convenience: if you click on these links, you have left our website. SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY provides these links in the hope they might be useful to you, however any such links are not intended to indicate any form of recommendation or endorsement. You use such third party sites entirely at your own risk.
Abusive clients & owners
SHOOTFACTORY LOCATION AGENCY is committed to the protection of its staff, and will not tolerate abusive or threatening behaviour from its clients or location owners. The company reserves its right to cease all further business dealings with any of its clients or suppliers, and to cancel any and all hirings immediately and without recourse or appeal.