Make up to £2,500 a day by hiring your home out to big brands.

Companies pay big money to use real homes for fashion shoots and filming.

Your home could be earning up to £2,500 a day? It may sound too good to be true, but you could boost your income by hiring your home out as a location for television shows, films and fashion shoots.

And you don’t need to live in a stately home or a mansion to attract big brands. Many high street advertisers are looking for everyday family homes to showcase their products – and they are willing to pay handsomely for the right property.

Key requirements

Space is vital. Rooms need to comfortably fit the set and the crew. Good natural light is a bonus and unique or interesting features are popular with clients. Properties that are stylishly decorated attract a lot of interest, but similarly some brands prefer a neutral canvas that they can adapt to suit their needs. At the other end of the scale, run-down or industrial-looking spaces can also appeal, and properties with outdoor spaces give clients more options. Aside from the aesthetics of the property, parking is the other important requirement. Most crews will have at least one truck full of equipment and will want easy access to the property.


Most standard buildings and contents policies don’t cover you for damage caused by someone you invite into your home or for corporate use. Production companies will have their own public liability insurance that covers you in case of any damage to your buildings, furniture and fittings. Always check that this is in place before allowing a crew on to your property.

Register your property

You must include the following in your email otherwise we will not accept your request to register your property.

  •   your full name, address and contact information
  •   a description of the property, including any key features
  •   parking and access information
  •   attach at least 10 images showing both the interior and exterior of the property
  •   tell us where you heard about SHOOTFACTORY

Register your property

Alternatively you can post a memory stick or CD with photographs, along with an accompanying letter including all of the required information, and a contact email address. Please post to:


If you wish to have your memory stick or CD returned, please include a SAE including the correct postage.